Friday, April 27, 2007

"I'll call you back."

Hi everybody. I was going to just come on here and say that Dee is still getting lots of rest as we get used to Emily's schedule and as she recovers from the reaction she had in the hospital (turns out it was part contact rash, part drug reaction). So, with that in mind, she wants you to know she's checking the comments on the blog, getting the phone messages from me, but that she'll call you back when she feels a little more rested and recovered.

Mom is visiting and helping out with a LOT around here, which is a great help to us both. The nights are a new experience for us, but we'll get used to it, and then Emily will get to sleeping through them...

So I was going to just tell you that piece of news, but I suppose... I could put some more pictures of Emily up for you to look at.

This is Monday, the day before we left the hospital. Dee is wearing shorts, by the way! But you can see that her legs are not completely red, which is about how they were on Sunday. The rash improves each day!

Emily's first time in a carseat!


On the way home from the hospital, here are the girls holding down the fort in the back seat.

Babies' eyes are funny at first, and this is a picture from Emily's first bath at home that we find particularly amusing.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott,

THANK YOU for the update. I've been checking your blog all week hoping for more pictures. You can never have enough baby pictures! Your daughter is beautiful, and I am happy to hear that Dee's rash is going away. I hope you get some rest, enjoy your little one, and keep the pictures coming :o)
Sarah Marsh

Shawn, Bev, and Family said...

THanks for the update Scott. Tell Dee to take her time and let you deal with the phone and computer for a bit...they both can wait while Emily is the main focus!
Both of your girls are very beautiful..you are a very blessed man!

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Emily is so cute! Thanks for sharing more photos, Scott.

I can't wait for our girls to meet - I'm sure they'll be great friends:)!

Amy said...

Emily is so beautiful. So glad you have help while you adjust to having Emily at home and Dee recovers!

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Congradulations! She is so beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Hi guys,

Glad to hear that Dee is getting better and things are going well...even without the sleep! Say hi to your girls (your mom included). I haven't called yet just for the reason that I was waiting a bit longer to things to settle down, but tell Dee I can't wait to talk to her. So happy for the both of you. Enjoy every minute because one day she'll be sleeping through the night and then before you know it she'll be turning 3...and you'll wonder where your baby went...or maybe that's just me, but I doubt it. Keeping you in our prayers.
Cris, Rob, Ryan and Adam

The Essons said...

Hey guys -Emily and Dee are looking great! I was praying for you all this morning. Enjoy these special days!

Looking forward to connecting with Dee when she's feeling a little better!

Love, Steph

Anonymous said...

Love the pics!!!! Keep posting more....I can't get enough:) Can't wait to see you guys in a few days!!! Love Tara

The Cari's said...

That's so awesome that Tara is coming to visit! And I agree with everyone else- it is so fun to see pics. Thanks for letting us in on all the excitement!

Love Danielle

Anonymous said...

Wow! what a beautiful gift!
Thanks for the photo updates - I'll be in touch soon.


Karen

Anonymous said...

teamkohler.blogspot.com is very pleasant to read. The article is very professionally written. I enjoyed reading teamkohler.blogspot.com. keep it that way.