Friday, April 20, 2007

Emily

Hi everybody! I had a great post all ready to go this morning at the library, and of course, my luck, after I got the pictures uploaded, blogger disappeared for a bit and I couldn't publish the post.

So for those of you who would love to hear the official word, Emily Dee Kohler was born yesterday at 10:51 am, after a relatively quick (but not painless) 7 hours of active labour. We got to the hospital at 2:30, but things really got going at 4. The pain was pretty bad (judging from the perspective of watching my wife go through it - I can't imagine what it felt like), but Dee was awesome. I have whole new appreciation mothers, and specifically of Emily's mother, after yesterday's adventure.

Mom and baby are doing great. The numbers:

Emily Dee Kohler
born April 19, 2007, 10:51 am
Weight: 8 lbs. 5 oz.
Length: 20 3/4 inches
Time of arrival: 4 days early

Thanks for your prayers, support, and excitement, everyone!

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Scott, Dee & Emily,
How are you guys making out? Congratulations Scott and Dee on the new baby girl. Glad everything went well. Can't wait to meet Emily. What a good choice for a name!
Kyle & Alissa

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!

-pat

K & G said...

Congratulations DEE & SCOTT!! That's so exciting, love the name - and best wishes to all of you :) Can't wait to see some pics!

The Essons said...

Congratulations guys! Can't wait to meet her!

The Barretts said...

Dear family,

Congrats on the arrival of Emily! Can't wait to see some pics :)

Amy said...

Congrats!!! So glad to hear your new little one arrived safely!

SimonP said...

Hey Scott, hey Dee, hey Emily,
congratulations! I've been watching your blog for a while now, anticipating the great news, but read the info two days ago in Frank's email. Best wishes for all three of you. Can hardly wait to see the pictures!
Simon Pau

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Congratulations!!! We can't wait to meet Emily! I saw her pic on facebook - too cute:). We are so thrilled for you, what a blessing!

Mo the Mama said...

Hurray! Hurray! Hurray!
Dee the baby machine!
So excited to meet her!
Mo, Po, Bel, Bean and Bibby

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!WOW I'm an aunt!!! I'll call you as soon as I get back from Costa Rica!! Love you guys! Can't wait to see Emily! Love Tara and Ian

Mary Elizabeth said...

Congrats, you guys! Exciting news! :)
Hugs,
Mary

Anonymous said...

Mo told me the news.Congradulation mom and dad

I just love her name she is so beautiful.... like her mama.Great pics
Rose

Anonymous said...

Our baby is just the bestest!!
She is soooo beautiful and her little outfits look very chic on her!!
Can't wait to babysit sometime!!
Nana and PoppyXXXXXXXXXXOOOOOO