Thursday, October 19, 2006

Weekend at Steph's

Last weekend, after church on sunday, Scott and I drove 3 hours to Miramichi to visit my good friend Steph and hubby Matt! We had a great time with them- catching up on church stuff, talking about traveling and playing Dutchie! Steph made a VERY yummy Lasagna for us! We spent the night and the next day we went exploring all over Miramichi/Newcastle and visited Matt at work. It was really cool to see what they work on there- thanks Matto! We also went to s scrapbook store which inspired us to do some scrapping when we got home! Steph- I included the done page here so you can see it all done. Hope it's not too long before we see you guys again, thanks for having us, love ya!

Steph and Matt's House



Cuddley on the Couch



Steph in the Kitchen


Yummy Lasagna and Caesar Salad


Scrappin' it up




Scrapbooking is one of my favorite hobbies- all thru my first trimester I felt pretty gross, and not much like myself- including not wanting to scrapbook. But one of the indicators that I'm feeling better is that, yep, I'm wanting to scrapbook again! I hope the feeling lasts! Here is the page I started at Steph's- and then a homemade stamp I made with an exacto knife and eraser- big money saver!! Yeah!!


The Florence Page



How it works!



My new Tree Stamp- cut out of an eraser- and how it looks on paper-cool!




Anyone can make one! It's fun- you should try it!



8 comments:

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Fun weekend with friends! Steph and Matt's home is beautiful.

I love your scrapbook page; very "Dee" of you:) Tell me again, where did you get that idea??????:p You're making me want to scrapbook and I'm missing our Monday nights together:(.

The Davidson Clan said...

Hey Dee, the page looks great. You'll have to teach me how to scrap book so I have something to do while I am pregnant in a couple years. Good talking to you last night.

The Kohlers said...

Christine- I also miss our monday nights- scrapping with someone else is so motivating.
luv dee><>

PS-Crisco or Fluffo?

Mo the Mama said...

Wow, wish I had more time for scrapping. Love the colours.

Here is the recipe for the soup...super easy!!
You need:
2-3 chicken breasts
pasta noodles
1/2 an onion
Canola or vegetable Oil
3 carrots
2 celery stalks
Water
Chicken bouillon
Salt
Mrs Dash Seasoning


1) First throw some water on to boil for the noodles. I usually use 1/2 a box of the whole wheat pasta. I cook them seperately from the soup because I don't like all the starchy water in the soup.

2) Next Chop about 1/2 an onion and throw it in a large soup pot with 1 TBSP of oil on medium heat. Sautee until tender or translucent.

3)Take 2 or 3 chicken breasts (depending on how much you want to make)and cut it up into bite size pieces. Throw that into the pot too and brown. The secret behind good tasting soup is to make sure you get good browning on the bottom of the pan (without burning it).

4)Once the chicken and onions are brown toss two stocks of chopped celery and 3 peeled and chopped carrots into the mix. Toss them around together for about 2 minutes just to get the juices going.

5) Now add about 1 cup of water to the pot. Make sure you scrape all the good stuff off the bottom of the pot (called deglazing). The boiling water should simplify the deglazing for you. Once it's all off add another 5-7 cups of water to the pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmering boil.

6)Now comes the flavouring part. I usually start with a couple tsps of chicken bouillon powder and about 2 tsp of Mrs. Dash Original seasoning. Start with this and then add a little more at a time until it tastes good to you. I usually wait until all the ingredients are cooked and assembled to do the final seasoning because the carrots and celery add a lot of flavour to the stock.

7) Once the carrots and celery are tender crisp add the drained noodles to the pot. Season to taste and enjoy.

By the way you can do potatoes instead of noodles. I'd cook these separate too, again to avoid too much starch. I use basic carrots and celery because my kids are not too adventurous yet but throw anything that you like in. Add some buck-choy and cooked prawns at the end with a bit of vinegar and soya sauce for an asian flair, or a can of tomatoes some garlic and some basil and oregano for Italian flavour.

Have fun and call me if you need more info.
Mo

The Essons said...

Hey Dee!

We loved having you guys here -I'll post our pictures soon! Your page turned out great! I'm going to get back at mine tonight -Love ya and will call soon!

Amy said...

Aww the scrapping page looks great... I also miss scrapping with you guys. I have done ONE page since the wedding! Aww well I will catch up someday! Hope you stay feeling good!

BeataPrzemek said...

Hello!

Might I add your blog (as a URL)to our?

Greetings from Poland!

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

Glad to hear that you are feeling better Dee and that you had a fun time in the Miramichi! I am sorry that I did not get to see you maybe next tiem.
Very smart and creative move on the tree stamp!