Friday, October 06, 2006

Are you lost?

Hey there everyone. Scott and I were really looking forward to seeing the seaon 3 premeire of Lost...but was it just me or was anyone else frustrated with the way it turned out? I was glad about seeing all the characters again, but it seems so far fetched to me- I can't really explain it but it made me less interested in the show for sure. Like- the island (obviously Oahu, Hawaii)- is so huge and yet no one has discovered it yet? It's so huge that a neighborhood of American looking people live on it along with the 'others' and the plane crash victims. Anyways, I haven't completely lost faith in it yet- I just find it too complicated.

So let me know what you think- for the record- Scott loves it just as much and is so excited for this season:)
dee><>

6 comments:

Sarah O. said...

You're just starting to think about the size of the island? And obviously the electro-magnetic energy thingy would mess with any modern GPS or ancient magnetic compass, hence its difficulty to discover (isn't that an explanation for Jurassic Park or something, too?

And as far as far-fetched, at least we figured out where the polar bears come from! And we know that they are cleverer than Sawyer. Lol.

Sorry, Dee, I'm afraid I'm as committed as ever! And thank goodness for satellite - I don't have to abandon ANTM when I can watch different time zones! Cheerio, Sarah

The Kohlers said...

Yeah- I'm with you on the polar bear/horse, etc. thing, but what about satellites? It's all just too much...:)
dee

Mo the Mama said...

La-La-La...(holding fingers in ears) I'm not listening (or reading I guess)...still in season one!!!
Mo

Kelley Anne said...

Hey Dee!
I am a LOST fanatic... and yes the first episode was disappointing... the animal cages and new characters etc. and I even studied psychology!
We'll see what happens *this* week!

Sarah O. said...

I think I've read far too many fantasy novels in my childhood - I'm willing to wait and see what their explanation is (if we ever get one), and I will certainly judge it then for probability, innovativeness, etc. And I will admit there was a decided dearth of everyone else on the island in the first episode. But "Henry Gale" gets creepier and creepier with every appearance, its delicious.

julia said...

Hey Dee.
I watched it and was kinda disappointed... I thought that the season premier was going to be more exciting. I was/ still am, a little bit intrigued by the aquarium though... hmmm, how civilized is this mysterious island after all??
Julia