Monday, October 09, 2006

Scott's First Pie!

Scott made his big debut today by baking an apple pie! It turned out perfectly, though there were some dough problems early on- it didn't stop him! I think one of the trickyist things to bake is a pie- to get the crust right and all that- but Scott is quite the baker and it turned out great! Yeah for Scottie (and me who gets to enjoy the fruits of his labour:).

































Also- it was so hot here today! Lately we've been having cooler fall weather but today it was sunny and hot- like 22-23 degrees! I went for a walk to one of my fave spots in McAdam- the dock. I read and just chilled for a while there and then Scott came to pick me up (I wasn't sure if I could walk all the way back- it's a bit far).

















Anyways, Happy Thanksgiving to all! What a wonderful time of year to remember all of God's rich blessings in our lives- just looking outside is cause for praise. Today I read Paslm 8 and it reminded me "What is man that you think of him?". God is so awesome- and even tho I feel a bit homesick today since we couldn't be home for this holiday- we spent a great evening with the Blair Family from the church as they had us over for thanksgiving dinner last night- yeah! We also got to play with their daughter Sarah's new baby! Yeah!

8 comments:

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Scott and Dee,

Happy Thanksgiving! Congrats on the pie! Did you use "fluffo"?

We miss you guys.

MLW

The Kohlers said...

Fluffo, not Crisco, and it tasted pretty good! Happy Thanksgiving to you guys too! We miss you too.

Scott

The Davidson Clan said...

Hey Dee,

Happy Thankgivings to you! And the pie looked great, Scott. Love ya both!

Nathalie and Jon

The Essons said...

that pie looks yummy scott -you guys can bring any leftovers here this weekend! we are looking forward to seeing you both!

happy thanksgiving!

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

Congrats Scott!
Aaron made his first Apple Pie after we were married too! It was delicious and yours looks just as appetizing:)

Shawn, Bev, and Family said...

That pie looks great! A little slice in a care package to Scotland would be great. hee hee!
Glad you had a great weekend.

K & G said...

Hey Scott & Dee! Nice pics, and good attempt at baking the pie, Scott! I tried to bake two apple pies this Thanksgiving and man o man, the crust is definately the hardest part! Mine was so thick and falling to pieces. hehe... I definately need to enhance my baking skills ;) Yours looks yummy though!

Anonymous said...

Hi Scott and Dee,
I finally got info on your blog from your Mom. I am IMPRESSED with your pie Scott, and Dee your cookies look scrumptious. The only thing better would be for me to help you eat them!
I am so happy about the baby news. I am thinking ,Dee, that you should have "her" on my birthday, Apr 20. We'll talk. Ha!
I am very happy that things are going great for you both and I am looking forward to visiting you "someday".
Much love to both of you,
Aunt Cheryl