Tuesday, March 06, 2007

Stephie and Scrappy

Yeah for March Break! Since Steph and I are both off this week from school, she decided to come from Miramichi and stay overnight with us here in McAdam! It was a short visit as I got mixed up and thought she was staying for 2 days instead of one (prego-brain takes the blame!), but so AWESOME to see Steph and be able to hang out and show her around our town a little! Yesterday I met up with her and her cousin Shauna who lives in Freddy, and we got to visit a little so that was really nice. Shauna had 2 extra kidlets she was watching as well as her own so she was a busy momma- and steph a busy aunt! And me, well I just kept telling the same one to sit down in the shopping cart:) Then we dropped by Shauna's beautiful home which is only about 40 minutes from us!

Last night Miranda came over and met Steph and we looked at her LA pics and Steph's wedding scrapbook- it's always fun collaborating ideas for scrapping...anyways, later this evening I felt inspired to finish a page from my Europe trip 2001 when we visited a beach near Rome called Sperlonga. Scott helped me with some ideas and then I went nuts on it- I'm tired now from seaching for shells I knew I had stored in the house somewhere and wanted to use on this page! Anyways, here are some pics:)

Yeah for girl time! (Thanks for taking pictures Scottie:):)

Sperlonga Page

I used a lot of chalk on this page to get the letter colors just right and make the Vellum show up better.

Journaling- the end says "a beautiful small town and beach right on the Med(diteranean Sea)."

5 comments:

Miranda said...

i love your pages!! will you please just scrap mine? i left them over there for you. ;)

Unknown said...

Dee, you look so sweet and beautiful in all your pics. Can't wait to see your beautiful baby Kohler. :)

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Awesome page, Dee! The vellum at the bottom of the page looks like water and is perfect with the twine/rope and shell! So creative and beautiful!!! You are gifted:).

Talk soon!

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Essons said...

Great job Dee! I had a wonderful visit in your little town. It was soooooooo good to see you! Did you get to switch your dr. appt.???

Love you!