Monday, March 26, 2007

Reunion!

Hi everyone! Sorry so long in posting, but now I have all kinds of news! So on Sat morning I was feeling kinda low- homesick for the city, etc. and Scott and I had a funeral to attend at 2pm at our church (someone I didn't know). Then Scott told me he had a surprise for me. I had no idea what he was talking about, but then he walked me over to our house, and standing on our front porch was Nathalie! I was so surprised! But then, around the corner came Meredith, Alicia and Karen Mitton! They came up from Hfx together to surprise me! What an awesome gift...I felt soooo blessed:):):) So they came, bearing baby gifts:), and dinner.

I invited Miranda over (it was so nice for my hfx friends to meet her and vice versa) and we all hung out, walked up to see the train station, ate dinner together and then all stuffed our shirts with balloons that Nat brought so we could ALL be pregos! We were up late catching up, especially about Nathalie's wedding (photos and video), and they all slept in the spare room together! (Except me and Scott:) It was like a big sleepover, or being at camp- yeah! The next morning we all went to church together, and they got to hear Scott preach, and meet some of our sweet church family. Then we went out to lunch at the Family Cafe here in town, and after downloading some pics onto our computer, they headed back to Halifax:( in Nat's car.

I just have to say how sweet it was for you girls to come up and visit me- it was so precious to see and catch up with you all- and you have no idea how needed your visit was, or of what a blessing you are to me. Thank you.:)
Karen, I can't believe you came all the way from Ottawa!! I love all you girls, and am so glad you all got to feel my belly and the baby as it moved around in there!:)

I truly have amazing friends.

Our CD cover-up on the tracks

All Hands on the Belly!
Opening Baby presents-thanks guys:)

Who's prego?
Will the real prego please touch their belly?....

Me and Mittons (my Hfx roomate and good friend, of course:)
Catching up with photos
Nat, Karen, Alicia, me, Miranda, MereBear...oh and baby, too.

The city girls in the country church:)
Pics on the tracks

Another CD coverJust looking at these pictures makes me want to cry! You guys are all so awesome- thank you so much for coming all the way up here to visit!!:) PS- The doctor yesterday said I might go into labor early- maybe 2 weeks early! (I have 4 weeks left) So that's exciting!!:)


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dee,
You arre very blessed to have such good friends and a family that adores you!!
It was great to see the girls again
hope they will visit again soon
Luv ya!!MUM XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

julia said...

Dee
I am so excited for you, and cant believe that you're going to be a mom. You're going to be a great one.
I hope that you're doing well up there. I have been praying for you this week.
I'm glad that those chicas surprised you. I'm sure you're lonely sometimes and that it was an awesome surprise!
Take Care! besitos para ti.(and baby too)
Julia.

Anonymous said...

Hey Dee,

I'll do my blog tonight, but it was great to see yours. I had such a good weekend, and I can't stop talking about how your stomach feels when the baby moves. And I think you have us to thank for an early labour! hehe. Talk to you soon!

Nathalie

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

I am soooooo happy for you, Dee, that your great friends surprised you! It is so obvious from those pics that you are close and had a wonderful time together.

You are just glowing, by the way:). Beautiful mom-to-be - and it's all baby!!!!

The Essons said...

Hey sweet Dee! What a great surprise! It looks like you had such a wonderful time with the girls!!!!!

Only 2 MORE WEEKS??????? Wowowowowo -you're going to be a mommy! I'm with Christine...a BEAUTIFUL mommy too! :0)

Love you!

The Cari's said...

Hey lovely lady!
Fun pics... especially the cd-cover one. So awesome that you got surprised and very timely too! Love you lots and can't wait to talk to you again. Give the belly a hug for me!

Amy said...

Dee, these pics are wonderful memories of your time with your friends. It sounds like it was such a blessing! Praying for you in these last few weeks before you meet your baby!

The Barretts said...

Aww....that was so great that you got to see some of your city friends!!

I love that first pic...soooo cool!