Thursday, March 08, 2007

Scrap Happy!

As many of you know- scrapbooking is my favorite hobby, and I share that with many girlfriends- it's great to scrap with someone else because it's motivating and inspiring, and you can get feedback from your ideas right away! Anyways, Miranda came over tonight and got a start on her california trip album.

I couldn't sleep last night until 3am-It was unreal- so I came downstairs and started on this page which I finished tonight with Miranda- it's of the same beach day at Sperlonga beach near Rome which I scrapped last time- this is page 2 of that day:) I really love seeing other people's pages that they post- keep it up scrappers!!:)



Second Page of Sperlonga
So I discovered you can write with a Zig writer on photos- it needs some time to dry, but don't rub it and you're good to go. Also- it lets you see the pic better than vellum and I love the clear water in this picture!
Miranda tracing cardboard letters to use on her page!

8 comments:

Miranda said...

hahah.. i just put the same pics on my blog.. i love it!! :)

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

I love the writing on the water! Very nice:0).

Isn't it fun to have someone to scrap with? Lauren came over to scrapbook last night, but we ended up just talking and planning a weekend away with Sarah. Next week though, I'll get some done.

Sarah O. said...

I've always been so particular about keeping my belongings pristine, that they very *thought* of *cutting a photograph* makes my hiney tingle (to quote one of my fav bloggers). Also, I'm cheap, so I never order duplicates. I could never fathom how people could cut up photographs, so I have always had (I admit it!) an aversion to scrapbooking.

However, we recently purchased a photo printer for the home office. It has great quality, and I take so many digital pics now, that I have slowly but surely been relaxing on my "must not destroy pictures!" motto. Of course, now it's the cost of all those fiddly little stickers and grommits and scrapbooks that's keeping me away. What can I say? I'm a plain paper, book-bound, photo-corner girl all the way.

Sheesh, I could turn this into a blog post!

The Essons said...

Hey Dee baby!

Great work again -you have such a good eye for your pages. I wish we could have done some more together. Maybe next time...

Love ya -have a happy weekend!

The Cari's said...

Wow, you almost inspire me to want to become a scrapper... almost! =) Love ya and can't wait to seet the finished product up close! So many AWESOME memories.

Chao Bella!

The Cari's said...

Hey Dee!

You should go to my blog and then click on the Mellengers blog, THEN you'll see in the first sentence that they've changed their address, so click on that link and check out the little baby girl. She was born 9 weeks early and I was thinking that your baby and her are probably around the same size! Crazy perspective eh! You've got a real baby in there! Love ya and miss ya!

Anonymous said...

love the design,
effective use of white space and texture
typography - hand scripted - authentic

I'm sure I'll see some beautifull Baby's First pages soon.

Mittons

Anonymous said...

love the design,
effective use of white space and texture
typography - hand scripted - authentic

I'm sure I'll see some beautifull Baby's First pages soon.

Mittons