Thursday, November 23, 2006

Christmas Stuff and Scott's Induction

Nanny was with us for the weekend which was so nice:) On Sunday, Scott's parents came up to be there for Scott's induction service in the evening. It was a great service! All different people from the Baptist Convention were there as well as many church members and friends- and Scott was officially inducted as the Pastor of the church! Frankie (Scott's dad) spoke, and afterwards we had snacks downstairs. the interim pastor, Watson Williams and his wife were both there, too- which meant a lot to the church people and to us:). Paul, our friend from up the st who is the anglican minister, also came and spoke some words of encouragement to us from his seat. It was such a welcoming and encouraging service- our church is so awesome, the people are so amazingly friendly and I feel like we are family to them! And it was sooo nice to have members of our families there as well. We feel so blessed!:)


Frank, Judy and Nanny at our church


Paul-our friend/the anglican minister


Scott being officially inducted by Bruce Alcorn




The next day, Monday, we all went to brkfst in Fred. b4 Frank and Nanny drove back to Halifax. Mama then stayed with us for a week! It has been such a blessing, esp. for me:), to have mama here with us this week, it has been great to have the company. We've made Xmas cards, and also done lots of Christmas baking together! We made Festive bon bons, Chocolate bon bons, shortbreads, sugar cookies and butter tarts...sooo yummy! Also- nanny told us to take Judy out for a nice dinner this week- so we all went to Boston Pizza which was sooo good-thanks nanny!! And then saw Stranger than Fiction which was OK (Scott really liked it:).


Brkfst at the Coffee Mill in Freddy


Baking with Mama



Sugar Cookies in Fun Shapes!

For the Scrapper Girls: Ok guys, I hope this counts, but instead of working on Pages, mama and I made some cards! I wasn't going to put them on here- because you know, I'll be giving them to people who check this blog! But I figured I had to show my work for the weekly scrapping challenge!! I really enjoyed trying new colors instead of red and green, too!

The Tall Cards




The Small Cards (ps-I LOVE these silver rub ons-only 2.50-2.99)



Mama's Jeweled Card



Mama's Card's-hope they inspire you!

8 comments:

Shawn, Bev, and Family said...

Great job Dee! I love the cards. They are really beautiful. And we are so glad you are a good fit with your church. God is good!!
Do you have a recipe to pass on for the chocolate bonbons???
Bev

The Barretts said...

Beautiful cards, Dee! And those cookies looks good too..yum!

Congrats to Scott!

The Essons said...

LOVE the cards Dee -looks like you had a great week -Check your email -I'm calling you today!

:0)

Miranda said...

dee.. the cookies are GOOD!! thanks for the dish... we'll make cards some evening next week.
(i'm a little more alert today :)

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Those are beautiful cards, Dee! Where did you get those ideas?:) They look so "Dee"; I love them.

Congratulations Scott, I am so glad that you are settling in so well and have been so warmly welcomed by your new church family. I echo Bev, God is good!

Amy said...

The cards are so cute!! And the baking sounds yummy. Congrats to Scott!

The Cari's said...

Hey you little crafty lady!hehheee.. love ya and call ya when we get home. You rock!

Sarah O. said...

Dee, we shall have to compare decorating notes some time, I am always on the lookout for new ideas, and admire that you have the commitment to make Christmas cards! I am both too lazy to make them and generally too cheap to shell out the $20 or more for the nice ones - so my friends hardly ever see one from me. I always send my C'mas cards telepathically.