Sunday, November 19, 2006

An Awesome Trip Home to NS

Ok everyone- this is the biggest post I've ever done- lotsa pictures! We had a great time home visiting family and friends in NS! I was able to meet up with Danielle (Carabin), Elliot and Rick at Starbucks dwntwn, where Danielle and I took some crazy pics which somehow got deleted off my camera-bummer!:( Anyways, we enjoyed our new common favorite drink- a pumkin Spice Latte, yumm:) After that, Scott and I met my mom, Dave and nanny at Smitty's where the Carabins came by to visit! It was great to see everyone together!:) We also saw my father who lives dwntwn aswell, and later had a belated b-day dinner for nephews Luke and Bradley at Scott's brother Graeme's house!
I had stopped taking Diclectin (anti-nausea drug)- and then quickly realized I still needed it, so stared taking it again that day at lunch. Since I'd been off of it- my body took a couple days to adjust and for like 3 days I was totally wiped out- I could hardly get off the couch, I just wanted to sleep all the time! Anyways, I'm feeling much better and well rested:) now.
Tuesday I did some scrappin' alongside Mama Kohler when I wasn't too tired to think:) In the evening I went over to Christine Walsh's and visited with her while our hubbys went to the Hayward Lectures at Acadia. Sarah Marsh also came over for a bit and it was so great to see them both!! And the boys as well:):) We at chips (my new craving), shared some prego moments:), and did a little scarapbooking-actually, Christine did 4 pages! She's fast...
On wednesday mom and nanny took me shopping for maternity clothes so I didn't have to keep wearing my one outfit everyday:)-it was so great- they got me a pair of jeans, grey cords and black pants, a fleecey zip up and a purple turtle neck from old navy maternity! Thanks guys!!:) I'm really happy about my new clothes!:P Mom had to go to work so nanny and I spent the rest of the day shopping for Xmas gifts for Scottie and chillin' at Starbucks b4 heading home- we had a great time:)!
Thursday we said bye to Scott's parents and headed to the Valley. Lenore and I hung out while Scott and Devin went to the Hayward Lectures. It was great- I got to scour thru some of Lenore's scrapbooks and we also went to 'too much fun' Scrapbook store and a consigner's shop for some baby clothes! When the boys got back we played some Dutchie and the boys won:( We stayed the night at Karen and Earle's and then in the am we picked up Nanny and headed back to McAdam! It's been so nice to have nanny here for the first time! She likes it- but of course finds it very quiet:)


Mom and Elliot at Smitty's


Me, Nanny and Elliot


Elliot and Auntie Dee:)



Danielle and Dave

Christine and the boys picking a b4 bed video:)



Sarah between 2 pregos!


Me, Mom and Nanny out for lunch b4 shopping

Me and the beautiful nanny at Starbucks


MMM...Pumkin Spice Latte

Us at Devin and Lenore's


My new shirt, pants and 17 week belly!


And now something for the Scrapper girls:

Venice Page

Detail- the page pebble is over italy on the background map and there's a dot where abouts Venice should be.



Florence (Firenze in Italian) Page

The title close-up ( white rub ons and chalk over top)

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Dee!
I am so glad you had a good visit. I can't believe you're already back in McAdam. It was sooo good to see you, even though it was short. I miss hanging out with you. Can't wait to see you again, and I'm glad to hear you're feeling "normal" again!
Love you,
Sarah

Anonymous said...

Dee,
I'm only 10 weeks and already that big. I'm starting to wonder how many there are in there....lol:)

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

What a great post!!! I love seeing all of your photos and hearing about your time in Hfx. Thanks so much for coming by to visit on Tues. It was sooooo great to see you:)!

I'm glad you found some new clothes. You look so cute!

Your pages are beautiful! I love what you did with the corners on the Venice page; it goes perfectly with everything else.

I think we might just stop by overnight soon, on our way to Montreal, we'll have to talk!

K & G said...

awwwww, dee! you look so cute! that's awesome that you got to spend time with the carabins, and mmmmm i love pumpkin spice latte too... you'll have to try gingerbread latte next time! oh, and you're quite talented w/ scrapbooking! it looks great!

The Essons said...

Hey Dee! I'm so glad that you are home and that you had a great weekend! I love all of the pictures -your new maternity clothes are so cute and your scrapbooking is amazing as always!

We'll have to have a phone date soon -are you busy Friday morning? I'll get a new post up soon -it's been soooooooo crazy with Operation Christmas Child!

Love you!
Steph

The Davidson Clan said...

Sounds like a great week, Dee. And you do look wonderful. Can't wait to see you in person someday soon! Well, love ya!

The Barretts said...

I love the belly! Soooo cute!

Okay, isn't it nice to get maternity clothes...so much more comfortable!

Fun post!

shaunaj said...

hey Dee,
Long time since we've been in touch...however I have been keeping up to date on you guys the last few months on your blog. You look sooo adorable and I'm sooo happy for you! Enjoy every moment - it goes soo quickly - I loved it! YOu're quite the little scrapper - your pages are really nice. Keep posting lots of pictures - Elliott is adorable so nice that you were able to connect with Danielle. Maybe sometime we can meet and have breakfast together with Steph - that'd be fun - I'd love to see baby kohler in person! Bye Shauna Kaley (MacLellan)