Friday, February 16, 2007

Visits and Valentine's

Hi! This past weekend we had a visit from 2 of our favorite people-Matt and Christine! They were on their way moving back to NS from Montreal with the kids and so they were able to stay with us for a couple days. Unfortunately, a sweet man in our church, Holly, 75, died on Thursday and so it was also a sad time as we had visitations and the funeral at the same time our guests were here. Holly had become very special to us and also his family, some of whom are church members, over the past few months. We were able to be with him and his family when he passed on Thurs. night. He knew the Lord and was anxious to be with him, but of course we will all miss him dearly.

But, the Lord in His goodness must've known we needed some friends at this time, too, and sent M&C our way. We had a great time visiting with them, playing with their kids and monday night, their last night with us, we stayed up late and I was really hyper. We took a wack of pictures, we made Matt dress up as a prophet with toilet paper on his head to try to make us smile for the camera, and I forgot I was pregnant and did a belly flop on the bed- I'm OK, btw:). Anyways, here are some pics to fill you in!:

Matt Reading Dr Suesse (sp?) to the munchkins


Christine gave me this cute hooded towel for the baby, which Joseph had to test out first:)
Joe checking out our honeymoon pictures
Like father, like son.

Scott jammin' on the guitar

Snuggles with mom

Christine trying her skill at the guitar


Nap time for Joseph

What a face!



And the Elijah!! He says so much now and so clearly- he's so fun to watch:)
My favorite E -lines: "See ya in another life, brother"(from Lost), and
"Sometimes things are tricky"

Matt, the prophet:)

Side view...
And my fave, with the grapes.


I don't think it's necessary to celebrate on the 14th- make your own V-day! So on the 13th, Scott and I went to Boston Pizza for dinner and then saw "The Queen", which we both really liked! We had a free coupon for pop and popcorn, too- it was so much fun, I love my husband:)
PS-note our new frames! Scott's were 10 years old, and mine, well, I lost them after Europe...
PPS-only 10 more weeks to go before baby comes, yeah!!! We ordered a crib online today from Sears, thanks to Nanny:) and we'll be getting it in March!

7 comments:

Shawn, Bev, and Family said...

So much has happened! What a great post. Thanks for sharing.

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

We had so much fun with you guys! I will never forget that Monday night:). Thanks so much for having us - all four:)!

Sorry I haven't emailed you the photos yet, I will try to tonight. YOurs were great btw.

Miss you!

Unknown said...

Like the new frames! You guys look cute. You made me laugh out loud with your belly-flop story. Ooof.

The Essons said...

Hey Dee -

It was so nice talking with you the other day! Thanks for calling :0)

Your pictures look great -Prophet Matt looks so funny! He looks ready for a skit at camp!

I love your new frames -where's a picture of this new belly of your's? :0)

Love ya!
Steph

The Davidson Clan said...

Hey Dee,

What a fun life you lead. You have always been able to make any party super fun!

Nathalie

The Barretts said...

Love all the pics! Nice frames! Jamin & I just got new ones ourselves...we thought it was bad that Jamin's were 5 years old!

The Cari's said...

Fun pics! Can we see some more belly shots? =) Pleasssssse! Love ya and talk to you soon. Yikes, 10 weeks sounds so soon... yey!