Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I feel like a teacher!

Hi everyone! Suddenly, I'm getting all kinds of subbing days, which is a real blessing 'cause it's good for me to get out and do something to contribute to our wee community, and gets me out of the house, and of course it's a help financially! Yeah! Today I had grade 4 for the afternoon, and it was really fun- we learned about the continent and the seas (they could name all 15 with a little help- it was amazing! Kids pick things up so quickly. We also did a science experiment which didn't work at all, which was kinda funny. At the end of the day when they were all packed up I passed out little pieces of paper and got each student to write down their name on the back and then a boy and girl name on the other side as suggestions for baby Kohler:) It was so cute, they were pretty excited about it. The most popular names I'd say, were: Brittany, Hillary, Cassidy, Benjamin, Victoria. It was a fun day. By the way, the baby seems to have had a major growth spurt in the past week and now when it moves it's like, huge! The other night I didn't sleep hardly at all b-c the baby was moving SO much and it was so uncomfortable, and pretty overwhelming. Scott got up with me and we watched a Friends at 4am...then I finally went back to bed around 6ish. Anyways, the next day the baby slept all day, of course. But last night went better, and I was so thankful to get a good night's sleep. Does this ring a bell for any of you gals that have wee ones?
><>Dee

8 comments:

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

I am so glad for you that you're getting so much subbing! I'm sure all of the kids adore you.

I can't say that I've ever been really affected by moving babies when it comes to sleep. My more pressing problem is the little person pressing on my bladder! I've gotten up 12 times in one night before to pee:(. I hope Bev comments on this. I am sure she'll be able to identify more closely with you. Two babies has got to be crazy.

Can't wait to see you soon:).

Shawn, Bev, and Family said...

I used to have to get up to turn on the light and watch the little "wave show" on my tummy!! Every now and then I would wake up Shawn as well but my wee ones would usually be most active in the evenings so watching TV would be a great time to sit with belly bared and watch the show. And as Christine said, I had more of a problem with the whole bladder thing as well. I still get up in the middle of the night and my "babies" are 2 1/2!!

Melanie said...

Hi Dee,
I'm glad that you're teaching a bit. I'm excited for you! As for the baby kicking, even though in the middle of the night it may be annoying, please be grateful. I never felt my baby kick not once, ever. I felt like I missed out on a lot of bonding time because of it. My placenta was in the front so it was a thick barrier between me and the baby, so I never felt her move. It was also hard after my car accident because I couldn't tell whether or not she was ok! So even though it may make life difficult enjoy this time because you and your baby are communicating with each other. It makes the pregnancy feel more real. We are praying for you down here in NS! We miss you!

The Barretts said...

That's awesome that you've been subbing...I bet you're a great teacher :)

I don't remember movement keeping me awake at night, but like Christine said, getting up to pee did!

Once you have that baby, you'll be up many a night too! I haven't had too many full nights since Naomi was born :)

The Kohlers said...

Hey girls, thanks for all your comments! Bev- I know what you mean about the 'dancing show', it's so weird! And Melanie, I didn't know that about Jenna, all that time she was kicking the placenta....I will be grateful for the kicks I feel...thanks for sharing:):) Well, I do pee a lot in the night, but Christine- you definitely hold the record, girl.:)
love dee><>

The Essons said...

Hey Dee -

I have no advice about kicking babies :0), but I am really glad that you are doing alot of subbing! Yipee!!!!

Love ya!

Anonymous said...

Hi Dee,

I am so happy that you are getting work. You must be an excellent teacher....and I know the kids would love you!
I wish I could see you, and your beautiful baby belly :o) Maybe I'll pop up during my March Break while Jer is in Ecuador...?
Have fun this weekend with your company!
Talk to you soon,
Sarah

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

Hey Dee
Steph told me that you got Alias, great. Thanks again:)
Can I be a part of yousupper with Scrapper's? I did not have your e-mail to send you my address. Mine is tlwalsh13@hotmail.com