Wednesday, September 27, 2006

Rice Crispies

So I made some of the squares and have eaten way too many of them...ugh. In other Kohler news, I finally went to Wed night Bible study where we studied the 4th chapter of Micah. I brought some of my squares so I wouldn't eat all of them. Tomorrow pm we head to my fave city- Hali-to attend Jen and AJ's wedding on Friday! I'm so excited to see them, and to be there for this huge life event for them. I'm looking forward to it. Today I went for a walk around the village and enjoyed the smells and feel of autumn. Everybody's been saying it, but it's such a wonderful time of year! Not too cold- fresh, crisp, cozy, and beautiful, esp. in NB with all the trees around! The drive tomorrow should be nice! Bye for now- others of you- we'll see ya in Hali!

Since I haven't taken any fall pics yet this year, I thought it'd be fun to recap LAST fall. One of the highlights of autumn last year was attending a 'Couple's Retreat' with our church- Kentville Baptist- along with our good friends Devin and Lenore. It was SO much fun, and I desperately wish we could go this year with them- but our church sched. just doesn't allow for it this year. We miss our valley friends!



Campfire at the Retreat- a campfire smells like fall, no?



















Singing time with Scottie, Pastor John, wife Catherine and friend Karen Illsley (went to Poland with us)















All the couples at the campfire. (Devin on far left)

3 comments:

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Hope we'll get to see you while in town. Oh, I suddenly have a craving for ricekrispie squares!

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Essons said...

hey dee -have a great weekend -did you and scott talk about the weekend of oct. 22 yet?

love ya!