Saturday, December 02, 2006

It's Christmastime in McAdam!

Hi! Please look below to the last post to see a pic of baby Kohler!! So cute!:) We love him or her!
So here's a little update on McAdam life at Christmastime!
Here's me making cards and working on scrapbook stuff- I pretty much take over the dining room so we're forced to eat in the LR- but Scott is so sweet and very understanding of my love for creating:)
Here's my 19 week belly-bigger than b4, hey? Also- our garland on the stairs that we put up last night- with lights- it makes the house so Xmassy and cozy! (Sorry so blurry!)

Today was our first of four Saturday's that we're holding an open house for our church! We make the snacks and have some apple cider on the stove- and people come to hang out from 3-5! We have the church split up by last names into 4 groups so that we can accommodate everyone- but today was great, I met someone new- and we even broke out a guitar and mandolin at one point. It was so nice having people in our house- Scott came up with this open house idea since his parents do one every year- I think it's great- and now I get to practice all the baking mama Kohler taught me! AND tomorrow's my birthday! What an exciting weekend, hey??:):) Here's some snacks we put out- Marg's banana breadm cheese ball and crakers and sugar cookies! Yum!
In the LR we had chocolate covered Peanut Butter balls, chocolate balls with coconut and more cookies:)


Scott MADE this fantastic shelving untit for our living room since we have so many DVD/videos- Archie from church helped him, and now we have tons of space! It's beautiful!
Here's Scott and I last weekend in St. John. We visited with pastor Lyndsay Taylor and wife Cathy and their daughter Jen and had a wonderful time there- there are such sweet people and I just loved them! This is the Lake by their house.





17 comments:

Shawn, Bev, and Family said...

What a great home you two (I mean three!) have together. I am sure the people of the church love having the open house to get to know you a little better. All the Christmas baking makes me miss home and makes me hungry too!!
Happy Birthday Dee! We miss you all.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Giggles!!
Rick,Danielle & Elliott send thier love and wishes for your birthday.They are having a grand time!Elliott popped her first tooth there.She is crawling and pulling her self up to stand.I presume they all will be busy,now that she is trying to climb up on the sofa.Rick is now convinced she is going to become a geat rock climber.She loves the pool and squeals with delight.
We are so excited for you and Scott to what you have coming ahead.May our AWESOME FATHER continue to bless you!!Tons of love and many wishes for a special birthday!! Paula.

Anonymous said...

Greetings from Cancun!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!
Lots of love!!Rick Danielle and Elliott.xoxo

Miranda said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! i can't believe i missed the mandolin.. love the mandolin!!

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

Oh, you are quite the hostess/host! I wish we could have come to your open house.

Your home looks wonderful and your diningroom table reminds me of mine before Elijah was mobile...so long ago!

Happy Birthday Dee! We miss you, but will be sure to see you soon. Can't wait.

Amy said...

THe pics are great, scrapping looks good and the treats look yummy!! I'm sure the church people are enjoying your open houses as much as you are! Fun idea! Have a great birthday!

The Barretts said...

Happy Birthday, Dee!! I hope you had a fabulous birthday. You're looking very cute!! I wish I could come to your open house too!

The Essons said...

Happy Happy Birthday sweetie Dee! LOVE YOU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

K & G said...

Happy Birthday Deeeee!! Your house looks very cozy, and I love the belly! :)

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday sissy! Wow your belly is getting so BIG!!! Still can't believe I'm gonna be an aunt soon....Lots of love! Tara and Ian

Anonymous said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY DEE!!
You look great, and I'm assuming you're feeling great with all that Christmas baking you've been up to! I hope your birthday was a special day...your last one without kids! Love you, and look forward to seeing you over the holidays.
xoxo sarah marsh

The Kohlers said...

Thanks everyone! It's so special to hear from friends on your B-day! I feel lots of little movements in my belly now, too-I guess there's really a baby in there!:)
Love you all, dee><>:)

Janna said...

DEE! Happy (belated) Birthday...dear friend. I thought of you on Sunday, but just today I finally got to the internet cafe. You are...25 right? whoa. :) you are looking like quite the little homemaker, I might add. i love you girl. oxo
keep posting pictures...love em.

The Davidson Clan said...

Hey Dee,

Happy b-day...umm...two days ago. Sorry I missed it, but I wish you a super duper b-day week! By the way, your belly looks great.

Nat and Jon

Kevin, Sonya, Claire & Max said...

Hi Dee! Congradulations. Kevin and I had a baby 4 months ago and she is so fun. I love being pregnant. Enjoy it!

Sonya

Anonymous said...

Dee, you are absolutely beautiful! Your face us just glowing! Keep it real bonita! I cant believe you are going to be a mom!!!!!
-alligal churchill

Anonymous said...

Hello Scott Dee and ?
Some great pictures of your Christmas and great to hear about your travels. Sounds like you are keeping busy and the little one is coming along also great idea of the open house. Maybe we will see you in Feb if you are coming down for the Simpson lectures
Earle Illsley