Saturday, December 23, 2006

Christmas Catch-Up!

Hey everyone! This is a catch up blog from the last few weeks here in McAdam-lots has been happening and I haven't blogged it- so here's the big update! For the Scrapping Girls: I cannot post until after Xmas b/c I've been working on a project for someone who might look at our blog- forgive my delay and look forward to a bunch of posts after Xmas!:)


First of all- it was exciting when a couple of weeks ago I finally got a call to sub for grade 3 at the elem. school! For a day and a half, Yeah! It went well-although it is stressful and I wouldn't want to do it full time- I couldn't have done it w/out Scott helping me in the morning and bringing me my lunch (when he took this pic:)!!:





This is our Christmas Tree which we picked out and Scott cut down from a local tree farm! It was so fun picking one out and decorating it with my girlfriend Miranda!



A couple of times in the past month we've had jam sessions at our house- where our friend Eddie who plays a mean mandolin, and guitar!, comes over. We've also had friends Miranda and Leah over for singing practices, and it's been sooo nice to have our house filled with music! Esp. when Eddie plays it really sounds so Maratime-ish!



We had the privilege of being a pit-stop for Matt and Christine, Elijah and Joseph on their way to move to Montreal- it was so good to see them, and we had fun playing Dutch Blitz and catching up- and Joseph got to try out our portable crib for the night!




Since I can't post my newest scrapbook project, here are the supplies I bought with B-day money and gift certificates!!



Here's Scott's B-day cake (dec 8th) which has a funny story. See, since it was so cold in the sunroom that everything liquid in there was freezing, I thought that this would be a good place to store Scott's cake. Well that night it thawed as the weather got warmer..and of course- the cake started to melt! Scott got to it b4 it was too bad, but by the time we saved it it already looked like a UFO. Even thought the pieces were very elongated- it still tasted great:):)


So we're heading home on Christmas day to have super with my fam, and then spending the next day with the Kohler's-hopefully we'll be able to see a few friends while we're in town as well! Anyways-Merry Christmas to all of you, and grace and peace from Christ our Savior be to you today! Love dee and scottie:)

5 comments:

Shawn, Bev, and Family said...

You certainly know how to catch up well Dee. We are so glad you are enjoying your church and your community; you are both a great asset to them all. We wish you a very Merry Christmas and an extremely happy New Year (we know it will be very happy for all 3 of you!).
Blessings from Scotland!

Amy said...

Great to see some new pics and hear about your recent visitors and such. Hope your Christmas was wonderful!!

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

I love your belly picture, Dee! It is all baby:). Hope your Christmas went well, I love your tree!!! Miss you!

Arwah said...

Hey Dee.. I was just listening to your music that I found today and thought I'd look you up.. I just got back from 6 months in Mexico (school/work) and am home in Hali for a week before heading back to TO where I'm doing an MBA. I can't believe you're pregnant.. I am so happy for you!! You're such an amazing person! I wish you, Scott and the baby all the best for the New Year.
Take care,
Arwah

The Kohlers said...

Hi Arwah! I'm not sure how to get in touch with you, but if you read this, maybe you could leave me and email add. or blog add. That's great that you've been in Mex! Did you enjoy it? Wow- so much to catch up on, eh? I also can't believe I'm prego sometimes...:) But it is awesome. Anyways, hope we can get in touch again- thanks for looking me up- good work!:)
dee><>:)