Sunday, March 06, 2011

Feb 1-12, 2011

Owen, feeling rotten with a cold and hanging out with me in bed while Emily naps:)
Getting bigger in his crib.
Still feeling rotten, but mommy enjoys the sleepy snuggles anyway:)
He does this like he thinks it's okay.

Owen feeling better and wrestling with a stuffed pig-
it was one of my fave stuffed animals when I was a kid:)
Beauty eyes:)



Sunlight in the winter, baby.
I love these next two:



Hair straightened for a date night:)

It only lasts until it gets wet, I had to make the most of it.
Anya and Owen share a snuggle:)
Anya's baby- I like this pic:)


When we got the call that my father died on the 11th, we packed up and left for Halifax the next morning.
Here's a Tim Hoton's stop where the kids had their first sprinkled doughnut.


More pics to come from the week of the funeral when my family was all together. It was a sad but special time.
In other news, photography is going well. I'm practicing lots (poor kids and scott:), and just bought a 50mm f1.8 lens (lets in a lot of light) which I'm loving! I have a booking for March 19th for a family shoot and that's it so far, so we'll see where God's taking all of this- for now I'm just having loads of fun with it and enjoying learning a new skill/art form- it's been a great focus (Papa that pun was for you:). Love to you all, and thanks for reading:)
><>dee and family

4 comments:

miranda said...

bahahahah "great focus". i love a good pun :)

Sarah said...

Oh, Dee, I'm sorry to hear about your Dad. :( May you receive the blessings of grief.

Your photography is lovely--thanks for sharing. I have a 50 mm lens and now I just got (for Christmas) a 100 mm lens as well. Now I have to slow down and learn how to use them!

Janna said...

love to you Dee. thanks for posting more pictures...there is something in the mail for you. xo

The Kohlers said...

Sarah- thanks so much. I hear a 100mm lens is great for macro shots. Enjoy it:)!
Jay- I love mail from Ecuador, but especially from you:)