Saturday, May 12, 2007

Dee is back!

Hi everyone! It's good to be back... This is my first post, post-baby! So how's it going with us? Good...it's all new of course, but things are going well, and we're getting into a routine more everyday with Emily. Her new thing, besides getting bigger and stronger, is to scream and cry at random, throwing me into a panic....I'm not used to her cry at all yet and find it really distressing- it's like they're screaming bloody murder sometimes- did anyone else find the crying difficult with their first child?

Anyways, as for Em-bem as we call her lately, she's doing well, besides her new fussy times, that is:)...she's up to 8,13 now (she was 8,5 at birth), and we're both doing well with breastfeeding, although I still have some pain when I feed her because we both still have thrush, for which we have to take daily medication, pls pray we'll be through with that soon!:) She had her first doctor appt last week with our awesome doctor-Shiona MacIntosh, too. Also, my sister, Tara, came to visit last week for a few days from Vancouver to meet Emily which was so nice-I think she taught Em how to salsa dance:)

As for me I'm feeling good although Em's crying really stresses me out, esp when there doesn't seem to be any reason for it- pls pray I'll chill out and God will give us wisdom with raising Emily! I've been getting out for walks everyday, and Miranda's been coming over or I'll go visit Monika or someone from church for some adult contact and sanity...the weather's been a huge blessing:) My rash is visibly gone, but I still experience itchiness all over, esp at night. The doctor is sending me to an allergist to see what I'm allergic to, which may help them know if I'm alleric to any of the drugs I was given in the hospital- esp penicillan.

I've been tired, of course, as Emily is up thru the night- but only once or twice for about an hour each time...and Scott's been an amazing husband and dad, so supportive, encouraging and helpful. I'm so thankful for him! BTW, if you call and no one answers, it's possible that I'm home but have my hands full, so pls leave me a mssg...I may not be able to get back to you, but I love to hear from people anyway!! Thanks for your understanding and everyone's congrats and encouragement!!

Ok so I know you're all dying to see pics, so here you go:)

An outfit from Auntie Tara
Emily and Tara and I

Miranda loves to hold the baby:)

Tony's first time holding Emily

I love this picture-Emily ready for an outing
(and btw, she doesn't usually like soothers,
but this time she was keeping it in there...)


Emily's first visit to the doctor's office

So cute and so good for the doctor:)
This week we had a visit from Lori Harold from Scott's dad's church, and her friend Gwen with her 5th baby, Luke!

10 comments:

The Cari's said...

So nice to hear how you're doing and see little Em-bem! She looks so big and real now. =) Talk to you soon.

The Barretts said...

Hi Dee! Happy Mother's Day!!! I know how you're feeling right now. It's really hard to hear your baby crying when you have no clue what is wrong. I think the lack of sleep makes it even harder! Don't worry; Em-bem will be just fine :)

Keep the pics coming; she really is an adorable baby. I love that head full of hair!!

Oh, and your sis is like your TWIN! Jamin & I couldn't believe how much you guys look alike!!

Anonymous said...

Hey Dee,
It's been soo very long, but I wanted to congratulate you and Scott, and also say Happy Mother's Day. It must feel so special!
Aren't Gwen and her husband the directors at Sandy Cove Bible Camp? If so, I know them!
Take care and God bless...
Susan Idan(Hart)

The Monettes said...

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY DEE! It's great to hear things are going well :) Thanks for posting the wonderful pictures- You and Emily are both looking great! Hopefully we can meet her sometime soon if you are visiting Halifax.
Lauren & Mark

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back! I've missed hearing from you and seeing pictures. I am glad that you are feeling better. I hope you keep getting more and more sleep. I have know idea what it's like, but it must be hard dealing with everything and on top of that feeling exhausted.
Your daughter is beautiful! I just wish I could meet her in person. I guess that will have to wait. Enjoy your Mother's Day, and I'll be calling you soon now that I know you are up for the calls :o)
Take care,
Sarah Marsh

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

She is looking so grown up:), not a newborn anymore!!! Too cute!
Thanks for the update, you're in our prayers. We can't wait to meet Emily!

Melanie said...

Hi Dee, Emily and Scott!
Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better! She is beautiful! I love all of the very sweet pictures!

Have a good day!
Melanie

The Essons said...

Hey Dee -Good to see an update from you! Emily looks just wonderful:0) Keep taking it easy and getting your rest when you can!

Love, Steph

Tara and Aaron Spencer said...

Welcome back Dee! She is gorgeous:) What a great Mother's day it must have been. I hope you are enjoying motherhood! and Scott is enjoying fatherhood!

PS. Did you get Alias?

Amy said...

Emily looks so great, and you are looking wonderful post-pregnancy! We'll be praying for you guys.