Tuesday, August 08, 2006

More Visitors for us!

This past weekend, mom and Dave came up to visit us from our hometown of Halifax- they loved it here! We had a great time taking them around the town, and we stopped in at the Campbells- and then Liz gave us all a formal tour of the Train station...it was great! Mom and Dave sure loved the station- and scott and I did too- it's such a neat piece of history right in our backyard, you know? After seeing the station, we then went to visit our new friends up the street, with whom we've been spending a few late nights chatting with tea while playing Dutchie...P&M! Baby E was there too of course and mom thought she was the cutest little thing! (She is)...we had a great visit with them over tea served on M's super cool dishware.

On Sunday mom and Dave came to church and really enjoyed it I think! Scott preached on Ephesians and we shared a song called "Go Light Your World". That afternoon we hopped in mom's van and drove down to Bangor to do some shopping- it was great fun..and I love Bath and Body Works!! Mom and Dave took us out to eat at this great steak and ribs kinda place called Bugaboos-yum yum:) They left the next morn, and we had a great visit with them-glad they were able to visit our home and life here in McAdam! (No pics- sorry!)

Just after mom and dave left- Scott's cousin Paul and wife heather with their 8 month old baby Hannah came to see us for a couple hours before continuing on to Sackville to visit Paul's Parents. It was great to spend some time with them and finally meet their very cute baby! We had lunch here at our house and then they left about 12pm. We love visitors- so come and see us!

Paul, Heather and Baby Hannah playing in the LR

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Mmm, I love Bath & Body Works, too. I'm currently enjoying some handsoap--remnants of Christmas!
You guys have so much company! I'm jealous! :)

Matt, Christine, Elijah, Joseph, Sarah, & Oliver said...

You probably see more people now that you're far away, than you did when you lived in town... well maybe not quite, but it can't be too many fewer!

Wish we could see you! Maybe on our way to Montreal-if that works out.

Janna said...

Hey Dee! (and Scott)
I'm so glad to be able to check out what is new and going on with you guys...and SO excited for you about where God has put you. Oh, I do love small-town maritimes. :) So cool that you've got your own place and lots of visitors...I do think of you often Dee and miss chatting. I was wishing that we might have connected when I was in Canada but alas, :) time went SO fast! Anyways, looking foward to hearing from you! te mando un fuerte abrazo con mucho cariƱo amiga mia...xo
p.s. oh yeah. Dee, I am working on your song "constant" (I've actually been playing around on the guitar lately) and trying to translate it into Spanish. Do you mind?!? Or have you done that already? Anyways. Yeah. It has blessed my life that song...and I hope it will bless others here too.

The Kohlers said...

Janna! Thanks for writing- of course I don't mind you translating 'centre'- as long as you send me your trans...that would be awesome! So tell me abtout life in Ecuador! U must feel so comfy in Spanish now- mine is terrible, but I still love it...love ya, J, and miss our chats, too:) dee